All photography provided by Kirsten Daub and Joshua Berson
Since 1985, we have led efforts to purchase fair trade, organic coffee from farmers’ cooperatives to aid at improving their quality of life. We have been at the forefront of Human Rights support in Latin America through CoDevelopment Canada, while providing the opportunities for consumers to purchase ethical products.
Café Ético is an important social enterprise and our mission is to support small-scale coffee farmers in Latin America through our commitment to fair trade and sustainable farming methods. We also engage in educating Canadians about fair trade while maintaining the cooperation and wider support to social justice issues through CoDevelopment Canada.
What We've Achieved
- Benefited more than 300 coffee growers in Nicaragua through a six year coffee system`s upgrade project.
- Support a program to benefit women`s advancement in coffee farms in Nicaragua.
- We now double the coffee import directly from cooperatives and pay 40% in advance.
- Our coffee is now certified by the Global Organic Alliance Inc. in accordance with the Canadian Organic Regime (COR) and USDA standards.
- Collaborate with the Campesino Conmmittee of the Highlands (CCDA) in Guatemala in their struggle for land rights and the recovering of Mayan culture and spirituality.